Friday, January 29, 2010

The Breakdown (Episode 3 of Fantasia For Real)


I'm a little late on this...but If you don't know, I was a key make up artist on "Fantasia For Real"!!! This episode especially brought back memories, because I also did Tasia's Make Up for The 75th Anniversary Apollo Theater! It was a super exciting experience!!! I was honored they allowed me to tag along ;)...

I was in the company of Black Legends like Quincy Jones, Patti LaBelle, and Prince!!! Yes! I saw Prince!!!(In real life and I am such a groupie about it #don't judge me) The theater itself was old! In the best way...we'll say "vintage"! If only those walls could talk! Tasia's dressing room was the same one KiKi Shepard used her whole career!

(She came in and told Tasia that at the end. Tasia even switched earrings with me right before the performance! lol! So those are my earrings on the show! That girl loves to take my stuff! But I don't mind a bit! She has been such a blessing to me!

I absolutely love watching her perform too! She can't sing with her shoes on! And she HAS to run out in the crowd! She literally pulls people out of their seats! Even when they try to act stuck up! This crowd was a little dry, but she got the standing "O" by the time she got off that stage anyway!!! POW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment