Sunday, August 1, 2010

Joy Randall...A "Flawless" Explanation

I want to take an opportunity to clarify exactly what it is that I do as a Professional Make Up Artist, and exactly what Flawless Make Up Art is about! When I tell people what I do for a living, most often the response I get is "Oh, so you do weddings and stuff?" ...that gets a little frustrating 0_0. Actually, I am a freelance artist...I work for myself. However I do freelance work for different cosmetic companies such as MAC Cosmetics. I am also on L'Oreal's Pro Team ....I've done work with Cover Girl and Urban Decay Cosmetics in the past. I did begin my career in make up artistry at MAC Cosmetics and will admit to being a MAC baby! ;) That is where I received a lot of training and continue to freelance at local counters in Charlotte, NC when scheduled. (I always get the question "Do you work for MAC?") So as a freelance artist I can work for any company...and always looking for new opportunities to work with great product lines! ;)
Flawless Make Up Art is my company. It is an umbrella company for freelance make up artist. After realizing what I wanted to do...I created what I didn't see in my area. A business to support the artist and not just one cosmetic line. My theory is "It doesn't matter if the product is Wet and Wild or Nars...Its the artist that makes it look good! ". So many wonderful artist get stuck in the "counter rut"....and are never able to break away to take their artistry to its full potential! I help to support other artist by creating events for them to showcase their work, Nurturing the contacts I have to provide them with opportunities to build their resumes and portfolios, and by being a role model and leader in the beauty business. None of the artist that I support "work" for me ...they work for themselves. But, when you see the Flawless Logo, you understand its about make up artistry! Period!
Flawless Make Up Art is about make up in every since of the word. We do individual clients, editorial, print, runway, body art, special occasion, television, film and event work. We have hosted events such as "The Make Up Soiree", "The Lash and Brow Bar", as well as added our "Glam Bar" to different events as well. Women love to experience what each of our artist can do! And on any occasion, it becomes a chain effect! Once one woman has been touched by "Flawless", the ladies instantly fall in line to be next! And they always want to know what it is that we use, so they can go and buy it! I started the company less than 2 years ago...so it is still growing! But God willing at light speed!
We are always looking for cosmetic companies to sponsor product. We always need samples to put in gift bags and product to use at our "Glam Bars". Feel free to email me at flawlessmakeupart@gmail.com  for inquiries on getting you product out there! Our artists make products pop!(Shameless Plug...I know! lol ;) )
Just wanted to make all of that crystal clear! Watch out for the name and the logo! It won't be the last time! Kisses! ;-*


Pics of me and different artists in various forms of freelance artistry. From the top "My Black is Beautiful, "Coors Light Paradise Lounge" (Body Painted Models), Glam Bar for Sex and The City 2 Premier  at Stonecrest. Working with No Limit Larry and the Morning Maddhouse at the Battered Women's and Childrens Shelter and me workin on "Mama Hailey" K-Ci and Jo Jo's mom for their Reality Show. Just a lil of what I do! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment